Ordino - Sports
2012 Andorra Ultra Trail, run around a whole country
From 05 July 2012 to 08 July 2012
From friday to sunday
The 4th edition of Vallnord Andorra Ultra Trail will take place on 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th of July 2012 under full moon with 5 different races:
• Ronda del Cims: 170 km race (Ordino-Ordino, Giant Tour of Andorra) 15 peaks, 1.985 m average altitude. Accumulated height gain: 13.000 m, accumulated height loss: 13.000 m
• Ultra Mític: 112 km race (Ordino-Ordino, Tour of Higher Andorra), 2.065 m average altitude. Accumulated height gain: 9.700m, accumulated height loss: 9.700m
• Celestrail: 83km race (Ordino-Ordino, Inside Andorra Tour), 1.800 m average altitude. Accumulated height gain: 5.000 m, accumulated height loss: 5.000 m
• Trail: 35 km race (Pal-Ordino, Coll de la Botella- Ordino), 2.096 average altitude. Accumulated height gain: 2.500m, accumulated height loss: 2.500 m
• Solidaritrail: 10 km race (Ordino-Ordino, Popular walk around Ordino village). Accumulated height gain: 750m, accumulated height loss: 750m
Registrations are open until the day of the event (subject to availibility)
!! BREAKING NEWS, registrations closed fot "The trail" route, maximum of 400 particpants reached
Participation fees: variable depending on selected race and Insurance optons (solidaritrail about 20€)
Official website for this event:
www.andorraultratrail.com (descriptions, registration process, maps, roadbooks, etc.)
Organisation: Cims Màgics
Useful data about Andorra : the principality of Andorra has 468km2 surface, it is composed of three main valleys ; all around them proudly stands a circle of high peaks. The highest point of Andorra– Coma Pedrosa peak with 2.942m- is located in the very northern part of the country (La Massana parish, Coma Pedrosa natural district park).
-- Andorra Ultra Trail 2012 Update Video / LA RONDA DELS SOMNIS (A magic tour, Documentary by Ràdio televisió d'Andorra 32 min, 24th of June 2012, RTVA.ad, YouTube, catalan) --
Watch "La Ronda dels Somnis", documentary by Ràdio televisió d'Andorra. A great 32-minute tribute to Andorra mountain and environment through a portrait of the mythical race around Andorra's Peaks and their crew.
See you soo along the trail...
Full programme 2012 edition online
Races rules for download (pdf, français)